radio lineup

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Thu Aug 12 12:35:05 PDT 1999

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Apropos the Labor Party thread, I'm going to have Adolph
> Reed, one of the authors of the party's platform, on my
> radio show this afternoon. Following him, Andrew Ross,
> talking about his new book about his year living in the
> Disney-planned "community," Celebration, Florida.

They had a piece on NPR this AM about the fight going on over the schools there. Apparently the yuppies are pissed at Disney 'cuz Disney promised a bunch of money for *their* school, but the school is part of the public school district so D. can't give the money to the school specifically, just the district. Now the district is talking of building a mega high school right on the edge of town and busing kids in from all over. Yuppies very pissed about this.

WBAI, 99.5
> FM, NYC, 5-6 PM - and available to the world, if all is
> working, at <http://www.wbaifree.org>. It wasn't when I just

It hasn't worked for weeks. The first few days it was up, I listened frequently. By the time your next show rolled around, it didn't work and I've had no luck since. I suspect that whoever put it up, bit off more than they could chew, bandwidthwise.

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com