"Auguste" France

Greg Nowell GN842 at CNSVAX.Albany.Edu
Thu Aug 12 14:58:10 PDT 1999

The correct name of the first Nobel prize winner (Tolstoy was turned down) is Anatole France.

http://www.aphorismsgalore.com/author/Anatole_France.html

Will give you this and many other citations. -gn.

Rob Schaap wrote:

> G'day Observers,
>
> Can anyone help me with a quote and/or reference (and date) for France's
> dry observation that a rich man is as absolutely (and therefore equally)
> disallowed to sleep under bridges as a poor man. I gotta do a piece on
> equity, and it strikes me as a great place to start.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob.

-- Gregory P. Nowell Associate Professor Department of Political Science, Milne 100 State University of New York 135 Western Ave. Albany, New York 12222

Fax 518-442-5298