Carla Del Pontes /Johannes/

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri Aug 13 17:14:58 PDT 1999

elena <spectra at rousse.bg400.bg> said:

>Can you recommend German papers on-line, preferably
>with searchable archives, FREE!, representing the whole spectrum? I've
>been trying to compile an archive of articles covering the Kosovo crisis
>but have really limited netaccess time, very slow connection, so if you
>have anything on your harddisk, or URL's, it will be great help, indeed.

In addition to Johannes' comprehensive list of German URLs, you might check out the momentarily free Financial Times super-archive: 3000 news sources, most of them full text, ranging from The Economist and Der Spiegel to American Paints and Coatings Journal. According to the British nerds that turned me onto it, it's a faster and more comprehensive archive of British papers than that found at their own archives (i.e., the Guardian and Independent). Perhaps this is true for the German papers as well (i.e, perhaps they have the Sueddeutschers from more than a month ago, and the Die Zeits that aren't online, which would together constitute the best reflections of left/liberal opinion). It's only free for the next ten days at www.ft.com

Michael