[PEN-L:10216] Re: [stormingheaven] ebonics?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Aug 20 11:38:05 PDT 1999

Wojtek, my objection was not primarily political -- it was an objection to bad linguistics. Attacks on ebonics are silly as technical linguistics, and even if politically the defense of ebonics is a non-starter (a question I don't go into), I don't see how attacking linguistics in order to indulge in moralism (which describes your position) is very good politics either.

Carrol