[PEN-L:10216] Re: [stormingheaven] ebonics?

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Aug 20 11:23:43 PDT 1999

ok, suppose that we all agree - and use all our time and effort to convince our so-called elected representatives - that ebonics is morally equivalent or superior (or whatever) to the so-called standard english. What will that accomplish politically, other than scoring a point in culture wars for campus liberals? Will that improve access to job market, decent housing, health care, or child care for the speakers of ebonics?

wojtek