political practice [was ebonics; was anecdotage]

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Aug 24 09:20:48 PDT 1999

Wojtek wrote:
>Second, you seem to assume that getting involved in a certain political
>practice is a matter of individual choice

No I don't. My comment that you ought to practice what you preach is only meant to apply your _postings_: if campus politics hardly matters, there is no point in obsessing about it in your posts.

You also wrote (a)
>Thus, my argument was that the Left should focus on
>the "out-of-campus" issues to gain out-of-campus relevence.
<snip> and (b)
>discuss the nature of academic labor and the institutional ramifications of
>knowledge production.

Please write about both (a) and (b), but I ask you and Kelley to base your posts upon empirical evidence (of preferably the kind that relies upon quantitative analysis), not anecdotes that have only symbolic values of therapy or entertainment.

I'm holding my breath.

Yoshie