Stratfor

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Aug 28 03:46:25 PDT 1999

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Doug Henwood wrote:

> A couple of people asked me to summarize my interview with Mr
> Stratfor, George Friedman, last night....Among other things he said:

He also completely sidestepped the ex-CIA question except to say he was an academic of long standing (aren't all CIA analysts)? And he never explained how they get the funds to support the kind of staff that could turn out this much writing per day. Although I suppose that latter is no more mysterious than Yahoo economics. They certainly turn out a distinctive, addictive and hard to duplicate product.

Oh, one last mystery -- does any know if the George Friedman that wrote _The Intelligence Edge: How to Profit from the Information Age_ and _The Future of War: Power, Technology and American World Dominance in the 21st Century_ in the last two years is the same George Friedman that wrote _The Political Philosophy of the Frankfurt School_ in 1981? Sounds like the perfect intellectual trajectory for a liberal CIA analyst to me :o)

Michael