The Heartfield cistern [was Waco and the Lesser of Two Evils]

Jim heartfield jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 30 18:56:01 PDT 1999

In message <B03898593BC0D011A5B50060973D0F5C01265CC2 at rlm- exch1.rlmnet.com>, Carl Remick <cremick at rlmnet.com> writes
>Jim, this anti-green idée fixe of yours has got to go.

Sorry Carl, much as I'd like to 'get with the program' I can't take the green movement seriously as a progressive force. Of course it is tempting for leftists, having seen the workers' movement defeated, to jump on this middle class bandwagon. But as far as I can see, it is going in the same reactionary direction that most middle class movements go.

The one point that was screaming out of the articles you reproduced as that the anti-GM campaign was a bit of old fashioned European protectionism. Now, having resisted all those pro-capitalist buy British campaigns of the past, I'm not about to rally to the cause of British business just because it is dressed up as environmentalism.

This point, here, is the one that has not been answered:

>No discernible harm to Americans has occurred.

-- Jim heartfield