"Nato bombing 'caused ethnic cleansing' says Carrington"

Seth Ackerman SAckerman at FAIR.org
Tue Aug 31 10:22:02 PDT 1999

> Carrington has the languid civilised voice of the British Foreign Office
> through the decades. Very reasonable, quietly very calculating. It does
> not
> believe in the universal rights of man.

Remind me, Chris, which "wing of British imperialism" was it that acts to uphold the universal rights of man and ignores British interests? I assume that would be the Blair wing, but correct me if I'm wrong.

> We have just had the 60th anniversary of the ultimatum by Britain to
> Germany over the invasion of Poland that led to the outbreak of the Second
> World War. Historians in Britain are now once again raising the
> proposition
> that that decision was not in Britain's interests: Britain should have
> left
> Nazism and Communism, Slav and German, to destroy each other in vast
> numbers. That was after all the USA's decision in 1939.

Yes, I suppose if it were up to Lord Carrington we would all be speaking Serbo-Croatian today? Actually, it was Carrington who most forcefully warned against the German recognition of Croatia and Slovenia, without which there would have likely been very little bloodshed. If only more people had listened to his, what was was it -- languid, civilized voice? Far preferable to the shrill whine of Mr. Blair.

Seth