GDP is unscientific and unfair for poor people.

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Tue Aug 31 11:11:19 PDT 1999

Yes, who should be making these changes Charles? Chang's comments come out of left field. Is he saying that left economists should do this more? Bourgeois economists? If so, why *should* bourgeois economists (now the mainstream in the US as well as China) change their methodology ? They wouldn't be bourgeois if they did, which he doesn't seem to get.

Reminds me of the constant complaint in China that if only the US played fair, China could develop in the market place...the problem isn't capitlalists or capitalism or global expansion of capitalist markets for that matter...just 'unfairness'....

Steve