Disco and the halfway to discontent

Jim Westrich westrich at miser.umass.edu
Wed Dec 1 08:12:31 PST 1999

Theme song for Seattle:

"People Power in the Disco Hour" by "Clinton" (Tjinder Singh's sideproject and Cornershop is quite popular in Seattle)

BTW, Disco only in part refers to discotheque dancing but Tjinder's also using it as "halfway to discontent".

More on this album in my best of for the year which I can post to this list in a few weeks.

Peace,

Jim

"1990 movement, so many miles to be done

Well, we're going take this movement unto the streets

One day to get me there and right this shit

People power in the disco hour

There's going to be people power in the disco hour

You see disco is the halfway to full discontent"

"People Power in the Disco Hour" by "Clinton" (note the band's name is Clinton in quotes)

"It is a laborious madness and an impoverishing one . . . [to set] out in five hundred pages an idea that can be perfectly related orally in five minutes."

--Jorge Luis Borges