Butler on Spivak (was SZ)

Rakesh Bhandari bhandari at phoenix.princeton.edu
Fri Dec 3 09:57:10 PST 1999

> keep the posts on list, thank you. if you're ashamed to attack me on
> list, then there's no reason to do so offlist is there.

Kelley, you will note that when I was away from my home computer--attending to a family member's serious illness-- I sent you a reply to your charge of my manipulative use of feminism, and asked you to send it to the list. You never did. It was my impression that you wanted to keep the discussion off list, that you were uncomfortable with the nature of my reply, that you did not want it to be seen on LBO. You say you had all these criticisms of Eagleton now, but my memory is that you reposted his review without any critical comment attached or anywhere near it. But I wasn't paying close attention then, I will grant. I offered criticism of Eagleton again and your blindless to an obvious problem (which you did not point to when you downloaded the review again). You then accused me of anti feminism. I sent you a reply which I thought you would do me the courtesy of forwarding to LBO. You never did so, claiming that you never saw it in our box. Bullshit. At any rate, out of courteseous respect of your evident disinclination to have this dicussion on list, I thought this was a debate we could have privately. You turn this around to make seem some like cyber off list harrasser. I am ignoring

you from now on. Well, I am unsubbing. Bye, Rakesh