two views on Seattle

JW Mason jwm at econs.umass.edu
Sat Dec 4 18:14:09 PST 1999

Jeffrey St. Clair wrote:

>Fuck you, Doug.

Your hostility seems misdirected. Doug's not the one stealing your stuff and printing it under his own byline.

Re labor and Seattle, it's true that the AFL-CIO isn't the IWW, but it's not clear to me exactly what follows from this. It's also not clear to me that "a seat at the table" is always and everywhere to be held in contempt. The Wobblies thought that a union had sold out to the bosses as soon as it signed a contract. I disagree. How about you?

Josh