Nader & Co.

paula laflame at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 5 10:12:10 PST 1999

At 09:36 AM 12/5/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Despite my various ideological criticisms of Ralph Nader, I've got to
>say that his people - notably his chief organizer on the scene, Mike
>Dolan, and the person who sent him there, Citizens Trade Watch
>director Lori Wallach - were absolutely crucial to making the Battle
>in Seattle possible. For that, they deserve vast heaps of admiration
>and gratitude.
>Doug

You got that right Dougdaddy. This week was one of the rare instances when the masses in the Rube Gallery were paying attention. The unlikely folk at the restaurant who actually asked me to explain what it was all about had me stuttering. It was a media triumph. The Jubulee 2000 thing was also sinking in, and that was before Quincy Jones was endorsing it on the Soul Train Christmas show last night. And what a night. Tony Bennett and Patti Labelle.

smooches-p (deeply moved)