two views on Seattle

Tom Lehman TLehman at lor.net
Sun Dec 5 14:54:43 PST 1999

Yes, there was concern by some union leaders about the potential and possibilities of crazies ruining the Seattle protest. One of my union pals involved in special projects asked my opinion of this possibility and the potential for disruption. I told him that whenever you get this many people together you are always going to have fringe elements and crazy people who are attracted to these types of events like moths to a light bulb! My advice, enjoy the show in good humor--your numbers and message are too large to get lost and the more noise you make the better!

Tom Lehman