LM, doing the Virginia Postrel thing

Tue Dec 7 08:18:41 PST 1999

Indeed, a Boston Tea Party OF A NEW TYPE. When capitalists destroy property it is called "creative destruction". When steelworkers and anarchists or Indians in Potlatch destroy property it is called "Ludditism" and "violence" and fetishism. Why did the Americans in Boston Harbor dressup like Indians ?

The logic of this debate was practical-critical activity.

CB

>>> Max Sawicky <sawicky at epinet.org> 12/07/99 08:35AM >>>

>Max Sawicky wrote:
>Well wasn't this article a piece of shit.
>Where's Heartfield these days?

Yes, now that you Americans have had your 1905, logical debate is apparently no longer required and abuse will suffice. Maybe Max can give a bit of background on who organised the updated Boston Tea Party during which foreign steel was dumped into a harbour during the WTO events. LBOers may have missed this in their excitement over all the other activity in Seattle.

Russell

Indeed for some things logical debate is not required.

I don't know about the tea party, but if it was the steelworkers it sounds o.k. to me.

mbs