Race Evolution & Behavior

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Tue Dec 7 15:43:21 PST 1999

> Concerning A. James Gregor,
> On the basis of a web search I learned that he
> is considered a leading revisionist historian of Mussolini and
> Italian Fascism which he regards as having been a genuinely
> revolutionary movement with a rigorous and compelling
> intellectual foundation. Apparently for Gregor, old Benito
> wasn't such a bad guy.
> Jim Farmelant

As I recall, Gregor argues, in _Interpretations of Fascism_ (1974), against G. L. Mosse (_The Crisis of German Ideology) view of fascism as deeply rooted cultural malaise, discusses 'mass society' theory of rootlessness, isolation, atomization in relation to fascism, and concludes that ideological core of facism is attempt to build 'total charismatic community' (think that is phrase he uses)... Michael Hoover