Seattle, finally

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Tue Dec 7 18:25:13 PST 1999

> Were you there? I had actually returned to Berkeley at the time of the
> conflagration. I led the march to the pier.
> The next day there was a big ruckus on-campus -- bus loads of police and
> the like.
> That night, the bank burned.
> Michael Perelman

No, I was in Florida, but I recall aftermath euphoria. Several lefty zines suggested that folks who burned bank contributed to 'the people' recognizing 'the enemy.' *Ramparts* (of which bully and creep David Horowitz was still part) ran pic of burning bank on its cover with glowing (pun intended) caption. '2, 3, many Isla Vistas' became popular chant for a time. Michael Hoover (merrily typing away and ignoring over-post messages)