Fwd: Seattle on Pacifica

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Dec 8 10:35:28 PST 1999

. . . My local affiliate (WBAI) did not acquit itself well in its Seattle coverage. The nadir was reached on Tuesday afternoon: As demonstrators were being gassed and beaten, the drive-time call in show featured a two hour interview with an executive of an internet firm holding forth on the new vistas for minorities in the hi-tech economy. . . .

I tuned into our own Pacifica affiliate Tuesday, WPFW, as well during afternoon drive time. They had their regular non-political programming, w/no mention of Seattle.

mbs