Fwd: Seattle on Pacifica

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Dec 10 08:31:12 PST 1999

Max Sawicky wrote:

>. . .
>My local affiliate (WBAI) did not acquit itself well in its Seattle
>coverage. The nadir was reached on Tuesday afternoon: As demonstrators
>were being gassed and beaten, the drive-time call in show featured a two
>hour interview with an executive of an internet firm holding forth on the
>new vistas for minorities in the hi-tech economy. . . .
>
>I tuned into our own Pacifica affiliate Tuesday, WPFW,
>as well during afternoon drive time. They had their
>regular non-political programming, w/no mention of
>Seattle.

Because of internal Pacifica nonsense, the other 4 stations apparently refused to pick up the RadioNation coverage, which ran in Marc Cooper's regular 4-5 PM KPFK timeslot. That would have been 7-8 PM in the east, but still well worth it. Much of it will soon be up on the Nation's website in RealAudio format.

Doug