[Fwd: Ceremonies of Innocence, or, a Secret Affinity with theLynchers]

Alexandre Fenelon sfenelon at africanet.com.br
Thu Dec 9 20:05:10 PST 1999

At 16:42 09/12/99 -0800, you wrote:
>> >no one i've read has spoken
>> >of atoning, no one has said "americanism" is to be embraced, said they
>> >were "horrified" by Julius Rosenberg's act,
>>
>>Well I will. I *am* horrified by Julius Rosenberg's act. Certainly
>>Hitler is number 1 bad guy of this century. But history and all of
>>Lenin's other close associates attest that Stalin is number 2.

>>To work to give the #2 bad guy in the twentieth century access to
>>nuclear weapons seems to me to be a horrifying act.
>>
>>Brad DeLong

Well, but how many people did the USSR killed with their nuclear weapons? Do you really think USA monopoly would be better to mankind? In fact Stalin's USSR was not a "rogue state" in search for global domination. They were very happy with post WWII status quo and even tried to avoid a communist revolution in countries like Yugoslavia. You cannot deny the fact they used their A-bombs more judiciously than USA. I would also remember you that all those great democrats from UK and USA worked together with Stalin to defeat NAZI Germany, was it a terrible thing too?

Alexandre