Seattle on Pacifica

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Dec 10 20:54:45 PST 1999

John Halle wrote:

>So I return to the original question. If the local stations are dominated
>by yuppies and wankers why the howls of protest from Herman, Albert,
>Cockburn, Normon Solomon, et. al. when Pacifica tried to impose national
>programming such as Democracy Now on the local stations? It seems the
>locals are plenty NPRized already.

Marc Cooper gets lots of hell from the FreePacifica people - two of them photographed him on the streets of Seattle, rather sinister looking both of them - but he (& his excellent producer Mark Torres) puts together a fine radio show with serious politics. If there were more of that on Pacifica, it'd be a lot better.

Doug