Zerzan live!

Mr P.A. Van Heusden pvanheus at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Dec 13 01:28:51 PST 1999

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999, Chuck0 wrote:

> Eugene man speaks up for Northwest anarchists
> http://www.oregonlive.com/news/99/12/st121101.html
>
> Eugene man speaks up for Northwest anarchists
>
> Author John Zerzan, 56, provides philosophical fuel for anarchy groups
> such as those seen at the WTO conference
> Saturday, December 11, 1999

> On his own, he studied anthropology and the roots of
> technological society. In time, he grew convinced that technology is a
> tool to dominate the masses.

An interesting critique of Zerzan's ideas (in particular this one) from an autonomous Marxist perspective is in Aufheben #4: http://lists.village.virginia.edu/~spoons/aut_html/Aufheben/auf4perlman.htm

-- Peter van Heusden : pvanheus at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk : PGP key available Criticism has torn up the imaginary flowers from the chain not so that man shall wear the unadorned, bleak chain but so that he will shake off the chain and pluck the living flower. - Karl Marx

NOTE: I do not speak for the HGMP or the MRC.