Zerzan live!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Dec 13 09:39:19 PST 1999

I have never read extensively in anti-technological literature, so perhaps this question is answered somewhere in it.

Supposing one desired to eliminate technology, how would one conduct the transition from a world of 6 billion, most of whom depend on technology for survival, to a world of population levels which can be supported with primitive technology? Primitivism being a utopia (by which I mean any plan for the future which justifies itself primarily by the declared excellence of that plan), one suspects that its adherents overlook problems of transition.

Carrol