Zerzan live!

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Mon Dec 13 10:26:09 PST 1999

Carrol Cox wrote:

> I have never read extensively in anti-technological literature, so
> perhaps this
> question is answered somewhere in it.
>
> Supposing one desired to eliminate technology, how would one conduct
> the transition from a world of 6 billion, most of whom depend on
> technology
> for survival, to a world of population levels which can be supported
> with
> primitive technology? Primitivism being a utopia (by which I mean any
> plan for the future which justifies itself primarily by the declared
> excellence
> of that plan), one suspects that its adherents overlook problems of
> transition.

Carrol: In case you haven't noticed, with all this technology, there are still billions around the world who aren't "surviving" very well. Yes, the transitional stuff isn't addressed very well by the primitivists, but their greater critique of civilization has some legitimate points which should be addressed.

-- Chuck0

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop http://www.infoshop.org/

Leonard Peltier Freedom Month Executive Clemency For Peltier! http://www.freepeltier.org/lpfreedommonth.html

Free Mumia Abu-Jamal Now! http://www.infoshop.org/gulag/mumia_idx.html

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe