[Fwd: Ceremonies of Innocence, or, a Secret Affinity with theLynchers]

Mon Dec 13 16:22:36 PST 1999

Keynes has been dead a long time too, yet his words, his actions seem to have importance for the present for some. Is it only intellectuals whose long dead words are important for the present ? Foucault is dead too. So is Nietzche. Shakespeare is dead. Most people are dead.

God is dead - Nietszche

Nietzsche is dead - God

God is Nietszche - Dead

Is history over ? ended ? Does the past effect us not ?

On the grammar, I am doing the trusting in the present.

How about" I would have trusted". Is that the subjunctive ?

CB

How do you spell Nietzsche ?

Charles Brown wrote:

> I trust Stalin more than Harry Truman .

Who have both been dead for quite a long time, so why the present tense?

Doug