[Fwd: Ceremonies of Innocence, or, a Secret Affinity with theLynchers]

Mon Dec 13 15:58:44 PST 1999

Harry Truman , that Yankee Devil, was the only one who ever ordered a nuclear weapon dropped on people so far. He's tied for no. 2 at least, as far as who to fear with a nuclear bomb. And he was of a country, a culture , a tradition, a flagwaving ,patriotic ceremonium that worships bombs bursting in air, with a manifest destiny to almost exterminated the Indigenous Peoples of North America.

U.S. out of North America. CB

>>> Max Sawicky <sawicky at epinet.org> 12/09/99 06:07PM >>>
>no one i've read has spoken
>of atoning, no one has said "americanism" is to be embraced, said they
>were "horrified" by Julius Rosenberg's act,

Well I will. I *am* horrified by Julius Rosenberg's act. Certainly Hitler is number 1 bad guy of this century. But history and all of Lenin's other close associates attest that Stalin is number 2.

To work to give the #2 bad guy in the twentieth century access to nuclear weapons seems to me to be a horrifying act.

Brad DeLong

If Ike or JFK had done a first strike on a nuclear-free USSR, just on general principles, would that make him the #3 bad guy?

mbs