The City and Nucleur Weapons

matt hogan matt.hogan at mailcity.com
Tue Dec 14 11:31:31 PST 1999

Like others, I sympathize with the plight of those who must live in our crumbling cities. We should help out those who live in these places, however, it would be unwise--in the long term--to support the idea of rebuilding our cities. Instead, we should support DECENTRALIZATION.

The reason why I support decentalization can be summed up in four words: weapons of mass destruction. As nucleur weapons become cheap and plentiful I fear it will be the end of civilization as we know it. As nucleur weapons spread, it will only be a matter of time befor the Osama Bin Laden's of the world get their hands on one. A heavily populated city like NY would make an attractive target for such an individual; therefore, leftists should support decentalization--the spreading out of large groups of people.

LYCOShop is now open. On your mark, get set, SHOP!!! http://shop.lycos.com/