Malthusians on the March

Jeffrey St. Clair sitka at home.com
Tue Dec 14 19:12:42 PST 1999

I've always thought that the Malthusians might have a point if they just had the balls to apply these prescriptions retroactively. In Aspen, for example, they could have drawn the line when Hunter S. Thompson moved to town about 20 years ago--he's so pissed off at the millionaire/billionaire immigrants that he's taken to blowing up their koi ponds with sticks of dynamite. Or perhaps, being good liberals who send Indians forward to accept their Oscars for them, they would be willing to turn the valley back over to the Paiutes or the Comanches? Nah.--jsc