Grumpy lefties and VENONA

Thu Dec 16 10:55:35 PST 1999

Below, Zizek's theory of "recourse to conspiracy theories" is spun from thin air, like an Alice in Wonderland tale. There is no real phenomenon of the type he imagines. And so said fairy tale in no way invalidates the specific hypothesis that the most reactionary sector of U.S. capital , so it concluded, had to resort to assassination of Kennedy and coup d'etat to hold on to power in the U.S. It was the reactionary sector of capital that was paranoid, and the specter that haunted them was the same the Marx and Engels spoofed in The Manifesto.

And , of course, it was not a ghost that shot Kennedy and the several other civil rights leaders , Black radical leaders in that era, but the very earthly "secret" police forces , the repressive apparatus of the U.S. state, headed in a way by that vile dictator, J. Edgar Hoover, whose shadow (not ghost) transcended 7 or 8 presidents.

It is Zizek's theory of conspiracy theories that, of course, is not to be accepted as fact, but as a bizarre intellectual convulusion diverting Left intellectuals from playing a role to elucidate for the working class the ruthlessness and Machiavellian maneuvers of the bourgeoisie and their murderous minions in the repressive apparatus. Zizek's mumblings about paranoia are distorted by the sand he has in his mouth from burying his head in it like an ostrich in the face of real danger.

Since, Kant and Lacan are dead, I am not sure why we are interested in what they have to say. But anyway, Kant was superceded so long ago, first by Hegel and then even further by Marx and Engels that one wonders where Zizek "has been" to espouse such outdated philosophy, stale as a fart from the 1700's. WWII, nuclear weapons and Stalin and Truman are a lot more relevant to what is to be done today than Kant's tired old ass. As to who is "mad" , Lacan's babble sort of speaks for itself, and that thing-in-itself is not at all unknowable to anybody with half a wit.

Zizek ought to apply for some payment from the CIA under a quantum meruit contract theory.

CB and the big SAME

Charles Brown wrote:

>And was it a lone gunman who killed King, B. Kennedy , et al. too ?
>I don' t think so.

From Slavoj Zizek's essay on "The Matrix":