"Experiment" (was Re: Great Cockburn/St. Clair piece on Seattle)

Mattcapri at aol.com Mattcapri at aol.com
Fri Dec 17 08:33:04 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/17/99 10:55:13 AM, chuck at tao.ca writes:

<<I think it would have been better if the USSR had never existed. I think

the millions who were killed by Stalin and other Soviet leaders would

agree with me. It's a damn shame that the Russian revolution was taken

over by assholes like Lenin and his cronies. But anarchists aren't

surprised by this. This is why we don't work with authoritarian

communists who would shoot us in the back as soon as they take over.

while i would not run to the defense of the Bolsheviks in this regard it is important to note that white generals in their memoirs remark that they were able to find refuge and even organize in anarchist community spaces if not among the anarchists themselves.