Sierra Club On It's WTO Activities

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Fri Dec 17 12:49:39 PST 1999

Doug,

Ah, but the protests by those in LDCs involve different issues than those that were brought forth in Seattle, right? I have yet to hear or see anybody either here or on pen-l answer why it is that all the issues raised in Seattle favor US interests rather than LDC interests. Nobody. Period.

I fail to see what is conventional about asking why nobody is demanding that US exports of environmentally damaging goods (like SUVs) be halted. Indeed, this points up the one-sided hypocrisy (or more accurately in most cases, ignorance) of most of those involved. Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Friday, December 17, 1999 3:33 PM Subject: Re: Sierra Club On It's WTO Activities