Who Killed Vincent Chin? (was Barkley on WTO, etc)

Tue Dec 21 09:50:58 PST 1999

>Back in the 80's after this incident happened, I had 3 or 4 letters
>published cautioning my fellow union brothers and other union friends
>not to kill anyone over a foreign car. In the letter I recounted how
>Chin a Chinese American driving a Japanese car had been killed. I asked
>rhetorically if it was worth killing someone over a foreign car. In my
>opinion it was not!

What are you saying? that if Chin spent a lot of money on Japanese consumer electronics as well as driving a Toyota, it may have been then been worth it to kill him.

>By the same token at the same time foreign steel import penatration had
>reached 50% or more in some product lines and steel production had
>slumped to around 40% of or less of steelmaking capacity.
>
>Personally, I think the Steelworkers and other unionists at that time
>showed true courage and self control in the face of terrible adversity.

It takes a lot of self -control not to kill a Korean American, who is perhaps a fellow factory worker or engineer or grocer, if South Korea edges towards the circle of industrialised nations?!?! Lehmann, you are a sick fuck and an overrated golfer.

Yours, Rakesh