Who Killed Vincent Chin? (was Barkley on WTO, etc)

rc-am rcollins at netlink.com.au
Wed Dec 22 09:58:19 PST 1999

> Seems like we are quick to assume the worst
> possible interpretation.

key phrases: "if it was worth killing"; "by the same token"; "self-control".

in short, lehman's post suggests a difference over tactics (whether it's "worth it"), not analysis ("by the same token"), and proceeds to imply that what was surprising was that there were not more murders ("self-control").

btw, i am not nor have i ever been a patriot. if lehman equates identity with nation, it's not exacty touching that he supposes others will as well. i can't recall the last time i said anything particularly nice about australian politics, even and esp the position of social democrats on migration policy, and i don't think anyone else can either.

Angela _________