legal changes

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Mon Dec 27 21:47:59 PST 1999

A source to check is Jane D'Arista, formerly Boston College, currently Financial Markets Center.

She wrote a huge history on this -- two or three volumes. It isn't concise, but there may be summary chapter(s) included.

mbs

[A friend writes... Can any legal experts on the list help him out? - Doug]

I'm wondering where I could find a good, and ideally concise, summary of the major federal legal changes from the late '70s to the late '80s that make up what we all refer to as "financial deregulation". You know -- stuff like raising the FDIC insured account max to $100k, expanding the types of investments S+Ls could make, and so on. Ideally this summary would also include plant-closure laws (if any), tax laws encouraging firms to move plants offshore, and so on.