[Fwd: [BRC-ALL] CBS Evening News Attacks Us]

Carrol Cox cbcox at mail.ilstu.edu
Mon Feb 1 08:32:47 PST 1999

Incidentally, a sharp debate over this post is developing on the BRC list. As to the political implications of it, I remember sometime in the last year or two some writer in the WSJ defended the whole long genocidal attack on Native Americans on the grounds that Indians had used torture. That is, I tend to sympathize with the view that "truth in the abstract" is all very well, but it is important to pay attention to the context in which the truth is pronounced.

Carrol