Davos does school taxes

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 2 21:11:32 PST 1999

Calling all wonks. Max, you out there? What about this stuff Mr. Lester is saying about the old folks. Doesn't sound right to me. I've gotton the impression folks stopped supporting schools when blacks and latinos started going to them.

Lester sounds like he's making the same arguements made by that org. Lead or Leave, I think it was, that started all those greedy geezer articles flowing. Turned out Lead or Leave was two guys with a lot of funding and news coverage, basically.

Plus, just tonight the hostess was telling me that her property taxes went down to practically nothing when she turned 65, cause she became exempt from the school tax.

So what's the deal?

At 07:41 PM 2/2/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Sid Shniad wrote:
>
>> The Globe and Mail February
2, 1999

>> SCHROEDER CALLS FOR CONTROLS ON CAPITAL FLOW
>>
>> German Chancellor blames international speculators for
devastating lives,