Congratulations, Judith Butler!

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Fri Feb 5 09:22:37 PST 1999

Re Carrol's: "I don't like Judith Butler very much: on the basis of her NLR article I regard her as unprincipled. But being attacked in the WSJ should win a few positive responses to her."

I do not normally linger on the WSJ's opinion pages. Please focus on the message, not the medium. IMO, Dennis Dutton's point of view here is unexceptionable. Were I in a conspiracy-mongering frame of mind, I might be inclined to suggest obscurantists of Butler's ilk are being subsidized by the right, so the left will be so preoccupied with head-trippy blather it will be incapable of framing messages that connect with people at large.

Carl Remick