A Wall Street book every bit as good as Doug's

Alex LoCascio alexlocascio at juno.com
Sat Feb 6 06:19:03 PST 1999

"They get threats. They're aware. Guards every few feet. But having someone on the floor. It was handed to us. We knew we would do something. Rafael wanted to disrupt their system, the idea of a worldwide money. It's this system that we believe is their secret power.

It all goes floating across the floor. Currents of invisible life. This is the center of their existence. The electronic system. The waves and charges. The green numbers on the board. This is what my brother calls their way of continuing on through rotted flesh, their closest taste of immortality. Not the bulk of all that money. The system itself, the current. That's Rafael. The doctor of philosophy approach to bombing. 'Financiers are more spiritually advanced than monks on an island.' Rafael. It was this secret of theirs that we wanted to destroy, this invisible power. It's all in that system, bip-bip-bip-bip, the flow of electric current that unites moneys, plural, from all over the world. Their greatest strength, no doubt of that."

- Don DeLillo, Players

___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]