Mindspring censorship (Over-limit, but it's really important)

Carrol Cox cbcox at mail.ilstu.edu
Sat Feb 6 17:24:07 PST 1999

Alex LoCascio wrote:

> No, but I do have a question. What do Marxists say about an issue like
> abortion, which is soooo beyond the relations of production and the class
> struggle?

How can anything about which masses of people care be *at all* "beyond ...the class struggle"? Every so often, Alex, you come up with the most incredibly mindless questions.

Let's put it this way. A working class (or fraction of a class) that does not defend the unhassled right of women to abortion (with no moral nagging) is a pretty damn worthless working class and will never be able to confront capital.

Carrol