Mindspring censorship (Over-limit, but it's really important)

Alex LoCascio alexlocascio at juno.com
Sat Feb 6 19:45:18 PST 1999

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999 23:19:20 -0600 (CST) "C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu> writes:

>And political movements unwilling to protect defenseless humans like the
>unborn will probably find other groups they can dispense with, too --
>e.g., the infirm elderly.
> --C. G. Estabrook

Yow! A pro-life leftist! I thought Christopher Hitchens had a monopoly on that schtick! But hey, this is the kind of back and forth I like to see.

Coming from the same Catholic background as Doug, I've had to wrassle with all of that jive about abortion = murder, but I *really* don't think that defending reproductive rights puts us on a slippery slope towards becoming the Khmer Rouge...

See Carroll, asking mindless questions stirs up a little controversy and hopefully allows us to eventually arrive at "truth."

Ahh, sweet, elusive "truth," casting shadows on the cave wall...

"Maybe I'm just a shadow on the wall." - Pere Ubu, _Heart of Darkness_

___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]