Mindspring censorship (Over-limit, but it's really important)

Carrol Cox cbcox at mail.ilstu.edu
Sun Feb 7 12:03:39 PST 1999

Alex LoCascio wrote:

> So I guess what I was asking in my previous post was: how are
> Marxists expanding the terms of the abortion debate so that it isn't
> framed in narrow bourgeois libertarian terms of "rights?"

By about as close to a consensus (worldwide) as it is possible to arrive at the theoretical question concerning abortion has been answered: it is an unexceptionable medical procedure, period. Remaining questions concern tactics and strategies by means of which the social pressure on women to regard it as a "moral decision" can be dissolved. There have been a number of very loud and nasty debates on these lists on the topic. It would seem that it is a topic which is not usefully approached via e-mail.

Carrol