Rule of Law

Daniel drdq at m5.sprynet.com
Sun Feb 7 21:50:36 PST 1999

Just read my own post and saw that I contradicted myself (not unusual). I said that the whole affair has had no effect on the rule of law whatsoever, and then said that Sexual Harassment Law would be harmed. But that is also Clinton's doing (and, NOW's).

There are victims in the narrow matter which is before the Senate. Monica was not the victim (let alone Bill - which is really ludicrous). The victims were Monica's fellow interns. I mentioned this once before and Paul, (I think) said that the interns are just rich kids, and the interview with the United Nation's ambassador was just what president's do for contributor's daughters (please forgive me if I'm misrepresenting you, and correct me if I'm wrong). There's some truth to that, I know. Yet, can it be that there was no poor child among the interns? Maybe just a middle-classer. Anyway, Monica is the one who got the interview. I wonder why. And, just because a kid is rich, does that mean she should be put into a situation wherein the candidates for all the higher positions come only out of the Department of Felatio? Have you looked at this through the eyes of the other interns?

Where I come from, if you want the good job, you put out. If you're female, that is. That's Nevada in a nutshell. Maybe it's true everywhere. I know it's true most places. But, when you're in the White House, the same rule obtains? That's ok?

It was funny when what's his name House Manager referred to Bill's wee-hours phone call, and said that in South Carolina, when someone calls at that hour he's up to no good. I live in a 24-hour state, and I know that can mean 24-hours of getting ahead for some people. That means that when Nathan enumerates all the reasons - loyalty, love - that Monica would be faithful to the Pres, and leaves out her concern for her future (or, do you think she must have given up all thought for the future?). . . Well, it just doesn't seem real to me. Anyway, Monica surely did talk like a victim on those tapes. Maybe she is a victim after all. Hey, I feel for her. Would you like to be Monica? She didn't deserve this. She was what? all of 21 years old? All she had going for her was the corrupting influence of her mother? In truth, for her, this case really IS just about sex. How would you like pictures all over the internet of your face smeared with cum?

Hell, if ya can't boot a pres for being base, what can you boot him for? I know: so they're ALL base. Finally, they catch one in the act (talk about nearly doing the impossible: if only Reagan had ejaculated on Nicaragua instead of making war, maybe he would have been impeached - or was that before DNA typing?). So, now they've got one, and everyone wants to let him go? Bizarre.

Quincy