Rule of Law

Jim heartfield jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 8 16:03:15 PST 1999

In message <000c01be5326$f31bca60$4e889ad1 at default>, Daniel <drdq at m5.sprynet.com> writes
> Monica
>was not the victim

Well, I don't approve of victim politics, but in strictly human terms I would say that yes, she did get a rough ride. Of course she is an adult and had her own choices to make which is why this is not a harrassment case (though by the same light nor was Anita Hill/Clarence Thomas).

But if you are asking who was treated badly, Bill's behaviour to Monica was pretty low-life. More to the point though, is what business of that is ours? People treat each other badly all the time. The law has no role in voluntary sexual relations - on which point, I agree with Nathan.

-- Jim heartfield