[Fwd: [BRC-ALL] CBS Evening News Attacks Us]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Feb 9 05:57:58 PST 1999

Probably anyone who wanted to scan all the papers in the U.S. could find a goodly sprinkling of incidents. About 20 years ago in B-N it was revealed that a restaurant owner in town was keeping a number of young mexicans in an unfurnished unfurnished apartment (it was an unfurnished apt which had had no furniture, even beds, put in it). It came out when one of them cut himself badly on a meat slicer and almost bled to death. I would assume this is not particularly uncommon, but have not the slightest idea how it could really be established. The paper didn't give much information; I got more from a teacher in the spanish dept. (She also happened to have been a high-school classmate of Che.)

Carrol