Fed not part of gov't

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Thu Feb 11 13:01:06 PST 1999

> OTOH, Fed employees have the rights and protections of
> federal government employees. At the same time they are
> not tied to civil service pay scales, although I could
> stand to be corrected on that. I don't know if they get
> federal pensions or not.

Fed has the cushiest jobs in town, along w/the IMF and World Bank. Got their own money (print it in the basement). Using civil service grades, which they probably do, has nothing to do with where you drop people in the grade scale and how you move them along, where they enjoy total discretion, far as I know. Can't speak on their pensions.

> Without doubt the Fed is a strange beast. I believe
> . . .

Actually it's the colonial outpost of an alien race.

Fox