students

Rkmickey at aol.com Rkmickey at aol.com
Thu Feb 11 17:20:36 PST 1999

rayrena <rayrena at accesshub.net>wrote

<My favorite was when Senator Drew Nixon was pulled over by the police in downtown Dallas. He had like three semi-automatic weapons in his car, as well as two prostitutes. He told the cops, in his best Gumpian voice, that he and the ladies were just "driving around looking at the pretty lights." He really couldn't seem to fathom what he had done wrong.>

Well, Eric, what had he done wrong? When I lived in Texas it was legal to carry weapons in your vehicle....and it was probably legal for prostitutes to be passengers in vehicles, too. Why was he pulled over?

<Texas is also home to the poster boy for what inspiring things can happen when teachers refuse to pass unworthy students. This young boy took three tries to get out of sixth grade. Finally he did, and went on to become an economics professor at Texas A&M. Still later he became a US Senator. That boys name was...Phil Gramm.>

But the teachers who held little Phil back were in Georgia, and Georgia gave Phil his PhD, too, so Texas can't take all the credit.

K. Mickey