The Little Darlings

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Fri Feb 12 01:50:28 PST 1999

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Rob Schaap wrote:

> And I don't reckon video is much use unless the programme in question is an
> absolute corker of no more than 30 mins' duration

No, no, anything longer than two minutes becomes a film and they nod off to sleep. You have to dangle the imagery in front of them, then abruptly pull it away and start talking about ideology. I'm quite serious. There's more to be garnered from 30-second skirmishes than with half-hour compendiums, you have to use that 15-second attention span against itself. John Woo flicks are great for this...

-- Dennis