Professors earn 'stock' at Pitt business school

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Mon Feb 15 08:11:23 PST 1999

Doug Henwood wrote:

> How revolting. Gawd, this makes me feel like an old grump, but is there
> anything in American society these days that isn't governed by money? Is
> there no end to this? Will the Clinton-Gore years bring us history's first
> society in which *all* impulses of critical thought and aesthetic feeling
> are rendered extinct? My normally reliable sense of irony is eluding me for
> the moment....
>
> Doug

Critical thought? Aesthetic feeling? Come on! It's an MBA school! They teach you to bullshit on powerpoint presentations and to exaggerate -- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 272 4808 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique