The Cover of Time

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 15 19:49:03 PST 1999

Greetings ya'll,

Got al haircut today, and guess who's on the cover of Time. Alan, Robert, and Larry. Has any other Deputy Sec. of the Treasury had such an honor? In the article, Rubin says Larry's one of the few people smart enough to be Sec. of T. or Fed chair. The main must be a walking orgasm over that remark. Alan and Rubin look downright impish. Larry on the other hand....

Anyway, these are the men in charge of saving the world, according to Time.

Brad, I wonder how your old roomy felt about the way they describe him in the opening paragraphs. The eager pup waiting for the phone to ring. Then later they mention his grating ambition. Made me think the author was getting in some subtle jabs despite Alan and Robert's insistance(what else could it be) that he be included.

His inclusion seems so strange, I was wondering if they were setting him up for the fall in case anything really bad happens, especially in Russia. But maybe they're just promoting a successor. Maybe both things apply. The pics in the article remind me of the Beatles of A Hard Day;s Night.

Still chuckling-p.